Saturday, January 15, 2011

Very small update


Hey there.
It's been too long.
With the birth of my little boy and us adjusting to being first time parents, things have been a little crazy around here. But alas, 16 days later we're slowly settling down and having more time to ourselves. Me especially :)


On to the hobbying, well as you all know I'm building a new secret army for 2011.
This will be THE ONE and ONLY ONE army for me for this year.
Was supposed to do White Scars, but decided against it and sell everything off.
But this army will take the cake, the whole cake and not just a small slice. I'm very excited and I'm currently waiting for the rest of my stuff to get here. Good thing is there's tons of places here that sells hobby stuff. Bad news is it's slightly more expensive compared to Malaysia. I was in Spotlight (A huge place which sells arts and craft stuff) 2 days back, just browsing and I found a magnifying lamp which was on sale. AUD 20, minus the base but us being hobby people it was easily rectified with a piece of wood with a hole drilled into it. It's not bad considering its RRP was AUD50. Overall I'm happy to have finally gotten my hands on one and this will help in painting and sculpting.



On another note, there is this great hobby shop not too far from where I am.
MILITARY HOBBIES
300 Port Road
Hindmarsh SA 5007, Australia
(08) 8346 1312
A short write up will be on once I get more info and pictures of the place

3 comments:

Vuel said...

happy hobbying dude, nice lamp!

khairul said...

Congrats on the little bundle of joy bro!!!

Name please :) Not korsarro khan or abaddon i hope hehehe.

Cant wait to see you unveil your secret army. Cerita la sikit to me...i can keep a secret bro ;)

Congrats again.

Ivan Ng said...

Thanks guys.

Khairul: My little boy's name is cooler than those two.
It's Caden Ng Bo-Young.

Secret army is taking place nicely. Should receive them vehicles by Sunday and the rest of them by end next month. Still lots of model testing to do, but it should look descent once it's done. But it will be a bloody pain to transport though!